Alexander Polyakov aka PPK (Five Questions with...) Exclusive Interview

 
Alexander Polyakov is a legend of the Russian trance scene. A sound engineer who has been involved in the production of electronic music for many years. The founder of the PPK project and its main producer. It was from his hand that great hits were released that many of us listen to today. Who doesn't know "ResuRection", "Reload", "Russian Trance", "Love Unlimited" or "21st Century"?!?! This great artist shared his thoughts on his work. Thanks Alexander for your time. It is a pleasure to talk to you. I invite you to read the interview conducted only for VISIONS OF TRANCE.

1. What goals did you have when creating trance music?

For me, it's just music that I hear in my head like that. And in my production, although super saw is used, my sound is still different from the canonical trance. During the production of the track, I get a feeling of great pleasure, which is incomparable to anything. It's like a drug. This is the goal.


2. Who was your inspiration to start producing trance music?

Not "who", but "what". These are synthesizers. I came to my sound by constantly buying and listening to various synthesizers. When I started there were no virtual instruments, everything was made of «iron» and that was what inspired me to search for sounds, riffs and pulse.



3. Which trance track are you most proud of and why?

It's always the last job. With each new track, you develop, acquire new knowledge, new equipment and technologies, and therefore the most significant for me every time is the work that came out last.

4. What inspired you to create trance music?

I have already answered this question above. There was no man, there was music and instruments.


5. What hardware and software did you use to create trance music?

At different times there was a lot of different equipment. Now it's Bitwig Studio, Motu's 72-channel audio card. Synthesizers: Virus Ti2, Roland XV-5080, Clavia Nord Modular 2 Rack, Novation Nova II, Roland SC-88, Ensoniq TS-10, Roland JP-8000, Roland V-Synth XT. Sampler AKAI S6000. Reverb Quantec Yard Stick, TC VSS4, Lexicon 224 and Lexicon 480 on UAD. Kind of plugs. Monitoring: Yamaha NS-10, Dynaudio C3.


POPULAR

Wavetraxx (Five Questions with...) Exclusive Interview

Clara Yates (Five Questions with...) Exclusive Interview

C-Systems (Five Questions with...) Exclusive Interview & Guest Mix