Kaimo K (Ten Questions with...) Exclusive Interview & Guest Mix

 
Kaimo Kerge known as Kaimo K is an Estonian producer who has been associated with the trance scene for several years. He released his tracks on such labels as Amsterdam Trance Records, Uplift Recordings, Molekular Sounds, Mental Asylum, Silent Shore and others. He has collaborated with many artists. Kaimo shared a few points about his work. I invite you to an interview conducted only for Visions Of Trance.

1. What is trance music to you?

Trance music for me is a feeling/euphoria. It really is a state (of trance) if you will. A moment where you can get lost and carried away and forget everything else. Was that too cheesy answer haha?




2. How do you perceive the state of the current trance music scene?

I think the current scene is in a pretty good state at the moment. There’s plenty of newcomers who aren’t afraid to experiment and borrow sounds from other genres aswell.

Of course there’s always this so called „template music“ but thats the thing with other genres aswell, right?

3. What are your goals in producing trance music?

To be completely honest with you – i don’t have any specific goals in music. I mean, i had some when i started but i’ve kind of achieved them all (ASOT support, Beatport nr.1, playing at Luminosity Beach Festival).

Right now i just do it because i love it. It is my hobby. And if at least one person likes my music, im all good :)




4. Who was your inspiration to start producing trance music?

I remember it vividly, i think it was in 1998 when i first heard this great classic Greece 2000 by Three Drives on a Vinyl and i was totally blown away by its sound. It was so ahead of its time! I think it was first released even in 1997 which is crazy. If you listen any other club tracks from that year, you’ll get what i mean. It still sounds good in 2023! Maybe the producer of that track is a time traveller?!

So yeah, im pretty sure this is the track that ignited this trance flame in me.

5. Which song are you most proud of and why?

My vocal producer Raz Nitzan has provided me with amazing vocals for 10 years now. So it’s really hard to choose one.. but if i have to, i think its Start Again with Elara. There’s something about her voice that gets me every single time! And i think the instrumental part/production of the track is pretty decent aswell :)

Instrumental – it has to be Rise and Smile. I mean who else has used a sample of a baby smile on a trance track?! Also the melody on that one is one of the best i’ve made (in my opinion).




6. Will your future releases be collaborations with other artists? Are you more into solo productions?

Well, actually all my vocal tracks are collaborations with vocalists and my vocal producer Raz :)

But if you mean instrumental collabs – it’s more difficult with these ones because im kind of a control freak and i always want things to be in my way haha. Let’s just say, im not the easiest guy to collaborate (instrumentals).

So yeah, maybe one day that will change!


7. What inspires you to create trance music?

It sounds glichee but i really think life itself is a big inspiration for me.

And ofcourse listening to other genres. You never know which track gets you inspired.

I also watch a lot of movies – scores from movies are a really good source of inspiration.


8. What hardware and software do you use to create trance music?

I use Cubase for producing. I only have one hardware unit what i like to use on my masters and it’s the original SSL comp.

For plugins, all the industry standard stuff like Spire, Sylenth, Nexus, Serum, Diva etc.

9. How do you perceive the influence of social media on the career development of a trance artist?

I think social media nowadays is very important part of promoting yourself as an artist. I try to be as active as possible on my socials. But as an introvert, it’s not that easy for me. But i will do my best!

https://raznitzan.lnk.to/AdriftAr?fbclid=IwAR0OfhMUzD_qx1dT4Dkq93aXF3GDblPkn4yY7ypq3Jac5UWGxf4TyUceOkk

10. Finally, what would you like to say to your fans?

For my fans – i would like to thank you all for being around for about 10 years now. It has been a great journey! Here’s to another 10!

Also, thank you for being patient with me if i sometimes go a little bit out of the box with my productions. I think its good to experiment with sounds from time to time.

Anyway, hope to see you very soon somewhere around the world! If not you can always listen to my music online. There’s tons of new tracks coming!

And thank you VISIONS OF TRANCE for having me. Hope you enjoy my guestmix!



     <<< Kaimo K Guest Mix >>> ðŸ”ŠðŸ”ŠðŸ”Š

                    Tracklist:

1. Dee Dee - Forever (Kaimo K Rework)

2. Kaimo K - Adrift (Extended Mix)

3. Kaimo K & Katty Heath - Say Goodbye To Yesterday (Extended Mix)

4. Kaimo K - Andromeda (Extended Mix)

5. Perpetuous Dreamer - Sound Of Goodbye (Kaimo K Rework)

6. Kaimo K & Tiff Lacey - Linger (Extended Mix)

7. Kaimo K - Crossroads (Extended Mix)

8. Kaimo K x Cold Rush & Katty Heath - Here I Am 2023 (Kaimo K Extended Mix)

9. Robert Miles - Children (Kaimo K Rework)

10. Kaimo K & Elara - Start Again (Extended Mix)

POPULAR

Wavetraxx (Five Questions with...) Exclusive Interview

Clara Yates (Five Questions with...) Exclusive Interview

Binary Ensemble (Ten Questions with...) Exclusive Interview & Guest Mix