DJ Xboy (Ten Questions with...) Exclusive interview

Edorta Fernandez known as DJ XBoy is a Spanish producer, DJ and music lover. Extremely versatile, he likes to produce and play many styles of electronic music. He has produced trance music in all its aspects. He has released his tracks on labels such as Future Force Recordings, Ultima Audio, High Emotions Recordings, Think Trance, Transorica, Redux Recordings and many others. He is the official DJ of the prestigious radio PlayTrance.com with his program Trance Mission, where he presents the latest news from the trance scene every week. As a DJ, he has played in some of the best clubs in Spain. In addition to his most famous name, he has also produced other styles of music under different aliases. Edorta shared a few things about his work. We invite you to an interview conducted exclusively for Visions Of Trance.

1. What is trance music to you?

Trance music, for me, is a musical style that not only makes you dance, it makes you experience feelings listening to its melodies and gives you very good energy.

 



2. How do you perceive the state of the current trance music scene?

 

I see the scene well, it is true that almost everyone does almost the same thing, and for some that is bad, but I think there is a lot of quality, in fact I think there are many artists who cannot release their music on big labels, because of the great competition that exists. Nowadays it is easy to produce, creativity and knowing how to mix are already there. Then as for more DJs, I think they are given few opportunities unless they are a great producer. Years ago, the DJ was valued first and then the producer, unfortunately now it is the other way around, and there are great artists without any type of opportunity, not even having an impact on social networks.

 



3. What are your goals in producing trance music?


When I produce music in general, the most important thing is that I like it, and then it comes to other people liking it. But my goal is for the music to reach the maximum number of listeners, this is achieved in the end by trying to release it through good labels, I also tell you that I am not the typical one who always releases my music through big labels, because as I said, sometimes I make the music. Which I like and maybe they don't have the quality nor can they fit what the top labels are looking for.



4. Who was your inspiration to start producing trance music?

When I was little I studied guitar at music school. And since I was very young I began to be interested in electronic music in general, we were talking about the 80s, and well back in 98 I started listening to trance music, and I had no doubt that it was going to be the music I was going to produce because I I liked their melodies and they gave me good feelings, although I have also produced many other styles with other akas, but the priority was always Trance.

 



5. Which song are you most proud of and why?

It's hard to choose, but I think the first song I did with Gayax called State of Love, the truth is that it was a song that I started many years ago, but I was lacking ideas to give it that energy that I wanted, and at that time, one of My favorite producers was Gayax, he on social media, he used to like my posts, and then I didn't lose anything, to talk to him and if he ever wanted to do a collaboration and that was it. The melody of that song, I don't know, it gives me good energy.

 



6. Will your future releases be collaborations with other artists? Are you more into solo productions?

 

Well yes, although I have several releases planned, I think the next one will be my new collaboration with Gayax, it will also be released by a label that is currently very powerful such as Future Force Recordings. I really have to be honest, I don't have a problem with making music, but I still don't have a very high level of mixing, so many times, a lot of people want to collaborate with me because in the creative part, I'm fast and I know how to work very hard. well my daw, so based on what happened to him, he modifies and improves the mix. It is also working as a team.



7. What inspires you to create trance music?

 

Trance music itself inspires me. Listen to music from other mates and artists. I think it's a music that doesn't give me other musical styles, perhaps I also like techno a lot but maybe more for going to a party. But trance has something special.

 

  

     

8. What hardware and software do you use to create trance music?

 

 The Daw I use is the FL Studio and I have a very powerful computer with a good processor and ram. Hardware I have an Akai midi piano, which I use very little to produce, and more to play the piano and then a clone of the 303 that I don't use much in my productions either. And as a DJ I do have a pioneer table, 2 Technics and 2 CDJs.

 

   




9. How do you perceive the influence of social media on the career development of a trance artist?

I think that nowadays life moves too much through social networks. I think you have to value more what you hear and nothing else. Unfortunately today, companies value a producer who has more interaction with fans than the quality of their music. Personally, the truth is that I am not very careful with my social networks, I am humble and hardworking and I prefer that they value my music for what it is without having to value other things. Could that be bad? Well maybe yes, but as I said I want my music to be valued and for those who really like it to listen to it.

 

   

10. Finally, what would you like to say to your fans?

  

The only thing I can do is thank them that they are the ones who keep me working. I really understand that when someone can have fans, it's because they like what you do, so the only thing I can say is thank you. This year, I hope to release on major labels and continue to improve the quality of my music a little more.

  




POPULAR

Wavetraxx (Five Questions with...) Exclusive Interview

Clara Yates (Five Questions with...) Exclusive Interview