The Conductor & The Cowboy (Five Questions with...) Exclusive Interview & Guest Mix

CLICK BELOW TO THE GUEST MIX FOR VISIONS OF TRANCE >>>

>>> The Conductor & The Cowboy Guest Mix <<<

Five Questions with... The Conductor & The Cowboy

 1. What are your goals in producing trance music? 

To make music that makes people happy, that makes me happy. If I've made a track that makes me happy then I've achieved my goal, if other people like it too then obviously that is an amazing bonus and honour, but the main thing is that I like it and it makes me happy. I'm my own biggest fan, if I don't love it, how can I expect anyone else to love it? I don't understand famous actors that say they never watch their own films! If you have spent time, energy and effort to make something you like, why would you not enjoy that yourself once completed?


  The Conductor & The Cowboy ft AERO - Sirens (Beautiful Lies)
 
 2. Who was your inspiration to start producing trance music?
 
I guess before answer that, I need to answer who was my inspiration to start writing music in the first place. That would be Jean Michele Jarre, closely followed by Pet Shop Boys. However my inspiration to start producing trance music, was Paul van Dyk, Stuart Lange, Ferry Corsten etc to name a few from the many. 

 3. Which piece are you most proud of and why? 

That would have to be "Feeling This Way" because of how it connected with so many people and still does. Then for it to go on to be considered a classic is such an honour. There are so many great remixes too. In fact the rights to "Feeling This Way" recently came back to me and so I will be putting together a new release in the new year with new mixes/remixes. Please contact me if you are interesting in contributing. I'm also happy to hear from labels interestered in working together.

 The Conductor And The Cowboy - Feeling This Way (Original Mix) 
  
 
 
 4. What inspires you to create trance music?

Lots of things actually, it could be a movie I'm watching or an advert, I was on the phone on hold the other day, and the hold music actually inspired a conversation with my band mates about the idea. I'll hear something that starts me thinking about a melody idea or an arpeggio idea based on a melody idea. It nearly always has to move me with emotions in some way. To me, trance should inspire the emotions, make you feel something, be that happiness, sadness, love, energy, euphoria, lets avit etc.


It Feels So Good (Conductor & The Cowboy Amnesia Mix

  5. What hardware and software do you use to create trance music?

I have a high end PC with lots of RAM and fast NVME storage. (3900x 24 threads & 64GB RAM) and I currently use FLStudio. I started out on trackers on the Amiga many many years ago, then moved to Logic on PC around 2000, a few years later, Apple then purchased Emagic and stopped the PC version of Logic so moved to Sonar Platinum for a few years until the same happened again. They were purchased by BandLab and moved to the free model (which doesn't feel great after you've paid over 700 quid for the software and they decice to give it away free) and so I've tried and used most DAWS (Cubase, ProTools etc) but I moved to FLStudio about 4 years ago. Those lifetime free upgrades are very appealing after my personal DAW route of corperate buyouts and the freemium model takeover. I will say that it doesn't really matter what DAW you are using, they are like a screwdriver or a hammer, they are just a tool to do a job. Music is just the changes in air pressure density moving in a pleasant and pleasing way. It doesn't matter what you used to create it

 

>>> The Conductor & The Cowboy Back Catalogue <<<

 

  CLICK BELOW TO LISTEN TO THE CONDUCTOR & THE COWBOYS GUEST MIX FOR VISIONS OF TRANCE >>>

>>> The Conductor & The Cowboy Guest Mix <<<

 

GUEST MIX TRACKLIST

A Place In Heaven (Extended Mix) - Ardi & Gerome
Astra (Extended Club Mix) - Alex Morph & Aimoon
This World is Watching Me (cosmic gate remix) - Armin Van Buuren
Dark Sunset (Original Mix) - Ben Stone & Swen Van Der Endt
The Other Side (Ikerya Project Remix) - Elite Electronic
Spiritus Vehementis (Danny Legatto Remix) - Eric Zimmer & Shawn Hunter
Amber Sun (Extended Mix) - Gareth Emery & Ashley Wallbridge
Aurora (On Air Mix) - Giuseppe Ottaviani
Counter Strike (Original Mix) - Luciano Martinez
Infinity (Roman Messer Remix) - Photorapher
Greece 2000 (Future Antics Extended Remix) - Three Drives On a Vinyl
Twilo Thinder (Greg Downey Remix) - Breeder
Ayla (Ben Nicky & Luke Bond Remix) - Ayla
Shine (Jorn van Deynhoven Extended Remix) - The Space Brothers
Lovers (Pure Mix) - Solarstone ft Lemon
Bullet In The Gun (Timelapse by Marco V Remix) - Planet Perfecto
Every Sun (Extended Mix) - Robert Nickson & Cat Martin

 © 2022 Visions of Trance

Contact: matt.visionsoftrance@gmail.com

POPULAR

Wavetraxx (Five Questions with...) Exclusive Interview

Clara Yates (Five Questions with...) Exclusive Interview

C-Systems (Five Questions with...) Exclusive Interview & Guest Mix