Wavetraxx (Five Questions with...) Exclusive Interview

 

Swiss producer Christoph Menzi, known to fans as Wavetraxx, burst onto the trance music scene over 20 years ago. He has released his tracks on labels such as Drizzly Exlipse, Phoenix Recordings, HTE, Hyper Reality Records, Illuminate Records and others. Chris shared a few things about his work. I invite you to read the interview conducted only for Visions Of Trance.



1. What are your goals in producing trance music?

If I can bring joy to other people with my music, I have achieved my goal. I make this music because I just like to create melodies and produce this kind of music. I do this only as a hobby and I am happy that my music reaches more and more people. I don't have to be successful to be happy. I already am. :-)


2. Who was your inspiration to start producing trance music?

Ferry Corsten, Flutlicht & Shokk, Cosmic Gate, Sam Sharp/Sanders, Fridge, Solarstone... There are so many fantastic artists who have inspired me, my list would become far too long if I were to list them all. I often like the old productions. I'm stuck somewhere in the time from 1999-2005.


3. Which song are you most proud of and why?

Hmmm good question. I like a lot of my songs. I don't really have a favourite. Maybe these 2 songs? 

Wavetraxx - Lost transition

Wavetraxx - Legend





4. What inspires you to create trance music?

Life inspires me. My family. The nature. Finally, music is also very strongly connected with emotions. When I am sad, I tend to compose melancholic melodies. When I am happy, I tend to compose happy melodies.


5. What hardware and software do you use to create trance music?

Reveal Sound Spire is the instrument I use most at the moment, Sylenth I use all the time, Phosycon when I'm doing something with acid, SH101 is also one of my favourite instruments. In the past I only had hardware synths (Virus/Nordlead/TB303/Yamaha), but now I'm completely digital.



POPULAR

Clara Yates (Five Questions with...) Exclusive Interview

Binary Ensemble (Ten Questions with...) Exclusive Interview & Guest Mix